Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Idea Of North

One may find many things frustrating in life, like not being able to talk normally, dividing complex fractions or tying one's shoelaces. For many years I found it difficult to tie my shoelaces until a strange man taught me a catchy little rhyme to go with it. But today I found something else frustrating, or rather someone else frustrating.
A telephone operator.

It turns out that the word 'Evolution' wasn't the only thing inscribed onto Evo's tag. On the back was a phone number. I recognised the prefix but for the life of me could not remember the area it represented. Obviously, neither could the operator.
"It could be Tonkston. Or maybe Raikann."
"Don't you have all the prefixes and the areas they represent written down somewhere?"
"No. I'll just go ask my supervisor."

I mumbled some angry mumblings several times. In the end the operator told me it was a number in Onstanska. I mumbled a thank you and hung up.

I didn't dare call that number, but I knew it was from Onstanska, and from my knowledge, Onstanska isn't a huge place. I should be able to track this guy down really fast now.

So Evo and I will probably end up hitching a ride on the back of a truck; buses don't allow dogs.
I don't see why. Because they are dirty? Trust me, I've seen dirtier things than dogs walk onto the bus with two legs and a face full of munch.

Bunny bunny BANG! That always calms me down. I better get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home